Value Retail is a truly international, multi-cultural company in which diversity is one out of five guiding principles. In addition you will be joining a very young and dynamic legal team with the uncompromised commitment to excellence. This gives you the opportunity to pro-actively design and shape the working environment of the German Legal Team as well as of the entire German business going forward. The flat hierarchies within Value Retail enable you to work directly with the Legal Director German as well as the management of the German legal entities/the related legal entities on group level and to advise those in your capacity of the Legal Manager Germany. This unique working environment will be your platform to show your expertise, passion and commitment and to share your ideas, strategies as well as visions.
The Legal Manager Germany is responsible for advising the German legal entities as well as the related group companies where applicable on all legal matters and by this pro-actively supports and enables the management and development of Value Retail’s German business.
- Advise and support the remerchandising team on local as well as on group level in the negotiation process regarding commercial lease agreements with national and international premium tenants of the fashion industry and lead negotiations with national and international premium tenants of the fashion industry with respect to all arising legal aspects;
- Prepare and monitor draft and final contractual documentation on commercial lease agreements;
- Prepare, pro-actively manage the internal reporting/controlling and management tools and manage internal sign off procedures;
- Pro-actively monitor and manage all legal matters related to commercial lease agreements and draft the relevant legal documentation, correspondence as well as provide the required legal advised internally;
- Update and be responsible for compliance processes, follow up and documentation and assist with tenant audit processes;
- Assist with the regular update of the available standard documentation and preparation of new editions thereof;
- Develop and hold training sessions for the remerchandising team on any and all related legal topics and pro-actively educate itself on commercial leasing law on an ongoing basis;
- Closely liaise and cooperate with all departments of the German legal entities such as marketing, tourism, retail, retail development, operations, office management, human resources as well as related legal entities on group level and provide legal advised to them and negotiate any and all commercial contracts including any related correspondence and closely monitor and pro-actively manage those contracts throughout their term;
- Assist with applications for administrative authorizations and legal relationships with public entities, such as local county council;
- Advise on any issues which may give rise to litigation such as insolvency arrears or potential breaches of concluded contracts;
- Monitor and review EU/national/local legislation and regulations and advise on its effect (if any) on the German legal entities’ and/or the related group companies’ practice and procedures;
- Provide legal trainings on any legal topic which might be required and pro-actively educate itself on any relevant legal topic;
- Manage and monitor the entire corporate housekeeping related to the German legal entities;
- Liaise and cooperate with the corporate/legal and finance department on group level on corporate issues, including the preparation of board minutes, powers of attorney, company corporate transactions etc.;
- Liaise and cooperate with the corporate/legal and finance department on group level regarding banking relationships, including reporting and compliance obligations;
- Liaise and cooperate with the corporate/legal and finance department on group level on insurance issues.
Intellectual Property/various group related topics.
- Liaise and cooperate with corporate/legal and finance department on group level on colleagues to manage and pro-actively protect Value Retail’s intellectual property, which includes trademarks, copyrights, and word marks;
- Monitor correct usage of tenant’s trademarks;
- Liaise and cooperate with corporate/legal and finance department on group level as regards various group related legal topics such as health & safety issues, data protection issues etc.
Data Protection and Corporate Compliance
- Liaise with colleagues and external legal counsel to ensure local compliance with data protection legislation;
- Liaise with colleagues and external legal counsel to ensure local compliance with money laundry law as well as health & safety and other compliance related topics;
- Closely monitor the area of corporate compliance, the latest developments therein and advise pro-actively the German legal entities as well as group related legal entities on up-coming compliance requirements.
- Assist with preparation of and distribution of internal reports;
- Liaise with the corporate/legal and finance department on group level to manage relationships with external legal advisors, especially regarding cost as well as quality control;
- Manage and review all legal invoices and ensure compliance with the given internal processes;
- Maintain and develop the internal document management, reporting, monitoring as well as approval tools as existing together with the Legal Assistant and/or Legal Coordinator as applicable.
BACKGROUND & SKILLS:
Professional requirements and experience
- Fully qualified German lawyer with satisfactory law degrees;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience gained either in private practice and/or as in-house counsel;
- Preferably with experience in project management;
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to analyse carefully, exercise sound judgment and to work independently under time pressures on a wide range of issues in a fast-paced environment;
- A strong dynamic "can do", mature and flexible approach, and demonstrating a professional, proactive and enthusiastic attitude;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Keen attention to detail/presentation;
- Good sense of humour with a capacity to have fun and enjoy the working environment and its challenges.
Business fluent in German and English in spoken and written; other European languages advantageous.
START DATE: now
Are you interested? Please send us your application in German. A copy of the application in English would be a plus:
Value Retail Management Germany GmbH
z. Hd. Milutin Jelenic